Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2006, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:25:14 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: My Last SUGI Conference... Ever!

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Michael Raithel posted the following:

> Dear SAS-L-ers, > > Those of you at SUGI 31 who missed my Systems Architecture > presentation (and there were legions of you), and those of > you who were not at SUGI 31 missed the announcement that I > made at the beginning of the presentation. So, I will > restate it here: > > SUGI 31 is my last SUGI conference. I will never again > submit another SUGI paper; nor will I ever again attend a > SUGI conference. > > And, that is my final word on the topic. >

...snip...

> > However, I am happy to write that I am really looking forward > to participating in, and seeing you all, at SAS Global Forum 2007:-) >

Michael, your apparent "joke" is not that funny--not that funny at all. Not everybody has heard that "SUGI" has been renamed the "SAS Global Forum". Think about it; that announcement was made on Sunday, only four days ago. So, your "announcement" engendered more confusion than humor.

Michael, leave the comedy to Jay Leno and David Letterman, and stick to SAS-oriented postings on the 'L!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com