Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Apr 2006 22:27:08 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Karl Koch <TheRanger@gmx.net>
Subject:      Effect sizes again...

Hello group,

I would like to calculate effect sizes from my repeated measures factorial experiment. I did a 5x3x2 factorial design using spss. Here the syntax:

GLM a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 a6 a7 a8 a9 a10 a11 a12 a13 a14 a15 a16 a17 a18 a19 a20 a21 a22 a23 a24 a25 a26 a27 a28 a29 a30 /WSFACTOR = f1 5 Repeated f2 3 Repeated f3 2 Repeated /METHOD = SSTYPE(3) /PLOT = PROFILE( f1 f2 f3 f1*f2 f1*f3 f2*f3 f1*f2*f3 ) /PRINT = DESCRIPTIVE ETASQ OPOWER /CRITERIA = ALPHA(.05) /WSDESIGN = f1 f2 f3 f1*f2 f2*f3 f2*f3 f1*f2*f3 .

I would like to calculate pearson product moment coefficients as effect sizes in order to get an idea about the magnitude of the effects (f1, f2, and f3 as well as its 2 and 3 way interactions).

Questions:

1) I decided to use r based on the recommendation from Andy Fields book. Is there any strong reason why somebody here would not recommend that?

2) Very pragmatically - how can I do that? Can somebody provide me with formula and tell me what I need to use from the SPSS output ANOVA table in order to calcualte that?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards, Karl

-- "Feel free" - 10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat ... Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail