Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:22:49 -0600
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Michael Murff <mysasbox@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   weblog to normal form

Hi all,

I have weblog in the following form:

data weblog; input name $ value $; datalines; var1 abc var2 efg var3 hij var1 klm var2 nop var3 qrs var1 tuv ; run;

I need this normal form:

var1 var2 var3

abc efg hij klm nop qrs tuv

I haven't been able to use proc transpose to do this transformation. Would someone be so kind as to point me to a datastep solution.

Thanks, Michael