Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2006, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:11:13 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oy: Funny for the day
Comments: To: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM

Bob,

Sorry for the delay I was debugging someone else hideous bunch of SAS/Internet code all done with macros, nested several deep, and the !@#$ global macro variables were a nightmare. Well that and not to mention the horrendous ineptitude of the person to code macros.

But enough ranting about my day to answer your question I would say I just hit the wrong key.

Toby Dunn

From: Bob Abelson <Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM> Reply-To: Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Oy: Funny for the day Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:49:34 -0400

Toby,

Was the 'Oy' a typo, or did you do that because Passover begins tonight?

Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com

toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 04/12/2006 03:27 PM Please respond to toby dunn

To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: Oy: Funny for the day

How many forum users does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

18 who trip over each other in their rush to say "repost!"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Toby Dunn