Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2006)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 May 2006 17:42:33 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Joshua Spence <cojosh@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Salacoa Creek Park - Gordon County

Theresa and I went kayaking this afternood in northern Gordon County. This was at the Salacoa Creek Park. This is a public park owned by the Gordon County government. There's camping and picnicking. There's also a lake for swimming, fishing, and boating. Anyway, we kayaked into the northeast cove of the lake and found a few good birds:

Great Blue Heron - 4 - acting very breedy as if there might be some nests nearby Great Egret - 2 Wood Duck - 10 - mother with nine fledglings Sharp-shinned Hawk - chasing a crow away from a certain portion of the woods Great-crested Flycatcher - 2 at nest in snag PROTHONOTARY WARBLER

The park is in DeLorme 13 H-9. The lake is on Lick Creek.

Joshua Spence, Murray County