Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2006)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 May 2006 21:48:22 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Steve Slayton <slaytons@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Bobolink

Since I didn't find much out of the ordinary at Charlie Elliot Today, I decided to drive some of the roads before you get to the entrance. Coming toward Charlie Elliot from Mansfield, there is one road to the left that is always a good road to Bird. If you stay on the road , it will take you in to Newborn. After Turning onto the road, I saw a beautiful male Bobolink on the Fence Post. Of course, he didn't stay long. I was only about 20 feet away when I saw it. It flew before I could get my camera out. I stayed there for a while and noticed a flock of about 25 flying around and hiding in the tall grass. It was special for me to see such a beautiful bird that close.

Good Birding Steve Slayton Lawrenceville