Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 May 2006 11:10:53 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Antro, Mark" <mantro@SPSS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Including Macro String Variables to define other Macro String
              Variables..
Comments: To: Richard Ristow <wrristow@mindspring.com>

>I guess I'm getting tired, and possibly stupid - maybe time to quit for the day. >This is a suggestion, without testing. Neither, code works for me...

Define !Frank () "Hello" !Enddefine. Define !Filename () !EVAL(!Frank) + "SomeOtherThing.sav". !ENDDEFINE. Save out = "C:\Temp\" + !Filename.

As an alternative, have you thought about the production facility? This would mean the user never even sees SPSS, but allows them to enter custom values, such as a file name...

Start of Production File code:

*Creator/owner: antro. *Date: 19/05/2006.

SET MXCELLS=AUTOMATIC . INSERT FILE='c:\temp\prod.sps' SYNTAX=BATCH ERROR=STOP.

*Comments:. * .

*Output Folder: C:\Program Files\SPSS14. *Exported Chart Format: Windows Metafile. *Exported File Format: 0. *Export Objects: 3. *Output Type: 0. *Print output on completion: Off.

*Macro Symbols. * @myname | Name for file? | | Yes|. *End Macro Symbols. *PublishToWeb Cfg GUID: . *PublishToWeb Objects: 6. *PublishToWeb Table: 1. *PublishToWeb UsrID: . *PublishToWeb Authentication: .

This refers to the prod.sps file, which is a standard syntax file, which here was simply...

GET FILE = "c:\temp\agg2.sav". DATASET NAME agg. *Analysis stuff here. Save out = "C:\Temp\" + @myname + "some.sav".

Antro.