Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 May 2006 17:14:25 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Zdaniuk, Bozena" <BZdaniuk@ucsur.pitt.edu>
Subject:      effect size - correlation

Hello, I assume that the squared coefficient of bivariate correlation can be used as a measure of effect size, right? If this is the case, could someone comment what would be considered a medium effect size for a bivariate correlation in the behavioral sciences? I realize that for tests based on means, the effect size of .5 is considered medium but for a correlation that would mean a coefficient of .7 which is very rarely found in beh. Science. Any comments, references would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot. Bozena