Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 May 2006 13:05:01 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Fernando Tenorio <fetcs74@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      ETL Studio - Extracting from Oracle

Hi,

I’m running a SAS ETL Studio Job where I extract some columns from an Oracle table and load the result, after apply a filter, to a SAS Table. I left the tool generate the code and when I see it, there is this step:

rsubmit; /* SASMain */ /*---- Implicit Transfer of Data ----*/ proc download data = CRMDW.DIM_CLIENT out = work.DIM_CLIENT; run; endrsubmit; /* SASMain */

My source table has 258 columns, but I want only 10 at my final table. Is it possible, without use the “User Written Code” node, to force ETL to do something like this:

Proc sql; Create table work.DIM_CLIENT as Select DESIRED COLUMNS from CRMDW.DIM_CLIENT Where Condition1 and Condition2; Quit;

Please let me know your opinion about the ETL Studio, too.

Kind Regards, Fernando.