Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 May 2006 13:58:34 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" <nospam@HOWLES.COM>
Subject:      Re: NESUG publication preparation

On Tue, 30 May 2006 17:27:54 -0400, John Birken <jbirken@CDC.GOV> wrote:

>I preparing a paper for NESUG06 entitled: "A 25% Workload Reduction >Producing a Large Body of Reports by Perturbing Redundancies". > >Right now workload is getting its vengeance. > >How have SAS-L members prepared their papers. I'm accustomed to giving pubs >viewgraphs plus Word text and they take care of it. >Word is giving me problems mixing text and prior Word auto shape drawings. >Word isnít easily re-sizing these Word line drawings or moving drawings. >I'm toying with bringing slides in as external files or objects but that >seems like overkill. > >PowerPoint resizes satisfactorily but it doesn't feel right using it for >writing a paper. > >Ideally I'd like to drop my PowerPoint view graphs into Word or drop Word >created drawings into PowerPoint. > >Suggestions appreciated, > >John

I haven't done a NESUG paper for a couple of years, so I don't know the current guidelines. Since papers are no longer delivered in a hard-copy proceedings volumne, one thing which has crossed my mind is doing some kind of hyperlinked and possibly mixed-media job, possibly using HTML or Adobe Acrobat tools. It would have to work in PDF, since that's the standard.