Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2006, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 May 2006 19:01:29 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG>
Subject:      Re: NESUG publication preparation
Comments: To: jbirken@CDC.GOV

Peter L. Flom, PhD Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core Center for Drug Use and HIV Research National Development and Research Institutes 71 W. 23rd St http://cduhr.ndri.org www.peterflom.com New York, NY 10010 (212) 845-4485 (voice) (917) 438-0894 (fax)

>>> John Birken <jbirken@CDC.GOV> 05/30/06 5:27 PM >>> wrote <<< How have SAS-L members prepared their papers. I'm accustomed to giving pubs viewgraphs plus Word text and they take care of it. Word is giving me problems mixing text and prior Word auto shape drawings. Word isn't easily re-sizing these Word line drawings or moving drawings. I'm toying with bringing slides in as external files or objects but that seems like overkill. >>>

I am using LaTeX for the paper and beamer for the presentation. LaTeX takes a little getting used to, but, following that, it is much more functional than Word. It's also free.

Ron Fehd has posted a bunch of stuff on this in the past, searching the archives should find it.

Peter