Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:28:26 -0400
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Michael Bender <mbender78@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Athens Sandhill Cranes

We were surprised to see a formation of 3 Sandhill Cranes fly over our backyard at 7:15 am this morning. A short look but seemed hard to mistake these birds for anything else. I see from the annotated checklist that there are a very few summer reports of Sandhill Cranes outside of south Georgia. If you have any thoughts about this, let me know off the list whether these might be late migrants or whether the resident birds wander somewhat.

Michael Bender Athens-Clarke County, GA