Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:03:19 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Boyd, Christopher" <cboyd@comptroller.nyc.gov>
Subject:      Is There a Fix For:  Error #1400 In Put Error When Reading Case

I have a relatively large several million record file. The original data was taken from a DBF file that was converted from MS Access.

I have done some data-manipulation on this file, such as converting dates, sorting cases, some simple calculations. I extracted sample cases to get a more "manageable" size to test my syntax to restructure the data. Now, when I try to perform any action on the "original" file, I get the following error, for example:

Error # 1400. Command name : sort cases by Input Error when reading a case This command not executed

Command Name: Cross tabs Input error when reading a case This command is not executed.

There is no indication as to what case or cases are causing this problem.

********************************************************************** Sent from the New York City Office of the Comptroller. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses. **********************************************************************