Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:09:45 -0400
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Martin Sherman <MSherman@loyola.edu>
Subject:   Stats question-continued - additional information

Here is some additional information for those that have requested it.

The data is completely self-reported data. All respondents were given a time line as to when specific events occurred (WTC 1 Hit, Announcement in WTC 2 about WTC 1, WTC 2 Hit, WTC 2 collapsed, WTC 1 Collapsed). Minimally all respondents had some notion as to when thest things happened. They were then asked when (to the best of their ability) to provide the estimated time and floor when they specific actions on their part occurred). Arrived at work?? First became aware that something unusual had happened. Concluded that something serious had happened. Made the decision to evacuate. Began to evacuate (physically). Reached the street access level. Exited on th street. Reached home.

The correlation between where they started and the time between began to evacuate and reached the street is .64.