Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:35:54 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Schwarz, Barry A" <barry.a.schwarz@BOEING.COM>
Subject:   Re: Convert decimal values to hexadecimals

You need to retrieve a hex value. 20. will not do that. It is for decimal input only. It would choke on a, b, c, d, and f and would treat e as the start of the exponent field.

Check out the HEXw. informat.

-----Original Message----- From: Dubro [mailto:dubro@DOLIC.DE] Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:47 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Convert decimal values to hexadecimals

Well, right after I found out how to convert the 8 digit decimal number to a hex value I re-read the instruction and realized that I misunderstood something the first time. Now I have the problem, that I first have to retrieve the hexadecimal value for the whole bigint unsigned decimal value from MySQL.

When I use a numeric informat like input(userid, 20.), will the precision be enough to retrieve the correct hex value?