Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Jun 2006 16:13:06 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Alan Churchill <SASL001@SAVIAN.NET>
Subject:      Re: anyone ever manage to import a html table into a sas dataset
              without converting to csv first?
Comments: To: Peter Constantinidis <peter@CONSTANTINIDIS.CA>

Peter,

First of all, I haven't done this. Nonetheless, I will make a suggested approach that I think has merit.

HTML documents are very similar to XML documents: the technologies are kissing cousins.

The way I would approach is to use XPath technologies. XPath is a technology used to traverse XML documents and find all matching elements.

I looked up XPath and SAS and it appears there is some XPath support in SAS's XMLMapper:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/topics/sxle90/

If you need to see some XPath syntax, I can easily provide that but there also examples all over the web.

Alan

Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian.net

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Peter Constantinidis Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 3:46 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: anyone ever manage to import a html table into a sas dataset without converting to csv first?

Wondering if anyone ever tried the challenge of importing a HTML webpage/table into a SAS dataset without saving it as a csv in Excel.