Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:18:29 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Alan Churchill <SASL001@SAVIAN.NET>
Subject:      Re: Importing Data From MSAccess

One small suggestion. If possible, export to a tab-delimited format. If using delimited files, tab should be a default specification without text qualifiers. It will save you headaches later down the road.

Alan

Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian.net

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Arthur Tabachneck Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 10:58 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Importing Data From MSAccess

Ankur,

In my version of Access (2003) after you select export you can identify the file type (one of the types includes such types as txt, csv and a couple of others).

If you select that type, you get to indicate that you want a delimited file and, if you click on advanced, you can specify the desired delimiter (,) and the text qualifier (").