Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:34:17 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Terjeson, Mark (IM&R)" <Mterjeson@RUSSELL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Looping
Comments: To: toby dunn <tobydunn@hotmail.com>

I agree. "Stacked" data is much better for today's easy tools, but everyone has different needs and have different people asking for/or giving goodies in different formats, so we gotta encourage stacked data (one data set with a column(s) for grouping on) but also understand the envronments some folks have to work in may dictate how they are able to work. They may be silently phrasing the same words as you are in their own head ("why in the world")..... :o) Not everyone can be lucky enough for good working environments.... Oh, the nightmares(Oops, I mean "things") SUGI papers are made of....

Mark

-----Original Message----- From: toby dunn [mailto:tobydunn@hotmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:23 AM To: Terjeson, Mark (IM&R); SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Looping

The question should be why in the world are the data sets broken up. They should be all in one data set. Then the whole thing can be automated with ease by using call execute.

Toby Dunn