Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:18:39 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Reeza <fkhurshed@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Counting Issues
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi,

I'm having some problems counting my data.

It's of the format:

Station Year Month Day observation A 1901 6 1 2.4 B 1901 6 1 3.5 C 1901 8 2 2.5 ..... A 1910 6 1 2.6 B 1910 6 1 2.8 C 1910 8 1 9.4

Basically I'm looking to count by year, the number of unique stations and the total number of observations. The key=station year month day is unique. I can get each count seperately by using proc means and combining, but is it possible to get it in one step?

Thanks, Reeza