Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:12:14 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Md Alam <mehedisas@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Data manupulation

Hi toby can you use bygroup, not only var for the calculation. cause I just provided you a part of a large datset.Only Bygroup can tell which valued should be added. In the original dataset the variables might be not be as consistent as it looks in the Given dataset in this board. Only using bygroup we can tell the values of by groups 1 + 2 + 3 should be added. It is possible there is some the var for the bygroup 1 is not present in bygroup 2. Please help me out. Thanks