Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:06:44 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" <nospam@HOWLES.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to read a text file with comma as the demiliter?

The problem is resolved. I have just an incidental comment, below.

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:16:15 -0400, Xu Libin <Libin.Xu@IRS.GOV> wrote:

>Dear Listers, > > I am having some trouble trying to read a text file with comma >as the delimiter. The syntax is as follows: > >Data new; > Infile old dsd missover; > Input caseN $7. Order $1. CIC $3.; >Run; > >It reads the data into SAS fine,

Obviously not true, given what is described below.

The DATA step presumably generated no ERROR messages in the log. That does *not* mean that it read the data "fine". It's important to look at the log, but it's also important to look at the output data set.