Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:09:51 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Choate, Paul@DDS" <pchoate@DDS.CA.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Do regular expressions need to be declared in _n_=1
Comments: To: Alan Churchill <SASL001@SAVIAN.NET>

The search and extract section of the tip sheet confirm this:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/topics/datastep/perl_regexp/regexp-tip-s heet.pdf

as do the examples here:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/topics/datastep/perl_regexp/regexp.motiv ation.html#Examples

hth

Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160