Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Jun 2006 07:49:40 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Alan Churchill <SASL001@SAVIAN.NET>
Subject:      Re: SAS to Excel #362
Comments: To: David <davidschr@GMAIL.COM>

Read my blog posting on it:

http://savian.blogspot.com

There's a lot more to worry about for SAS programmers than the 1M row limit: it is only the beginning.

BTW, how many columns can SAS handle? SQL Server is 1024 and I know SAS is higher but how high? The new Excel 2007 can handle 65K. Will a fully populated Excel sheet be readable by SAS?

A bigger issue, IMO, is the conditional formatting and the ability of users to store a lot of information in non-standard forms.

Alan

Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian.net

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of David Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 12:33 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS to Excel #362

Phil wrote: > Best thing about Excel07 is the 1m rows limit. > I'm surrounded by people who's family history has an extremely high > incest rate. ie. They much prefer Access to Excel. This will piss them > off no end.

Instead of people putting data in Access, where it was difficult to extract, and where it was prone to being mangled, they'll now put it in Excel, where it will be next to impossible to extract, and will almost certainly be full of errors.

Bye bye integrity constraints, hello garbage.