Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:48:10 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Phil Rack <philrack@MINEQUEST.COM>
Subject:   Re: SAS 8 vs. 9 incompatibility
Comments:   To: Jim Groeneveld <jim2stat@YAHOO.CO.UK>

I get:

MisMis=. MisMis0=. MisMis1=.

I'm using SAS V8.02 TS Level 020M0 on Windows XP.

Phil

Phil Rack www.minequest.com

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Groeneveld [mailto:jim2stat@YAHOO.CO.UK] Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:13 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS 8 vs. 9 incompatibility

Hi friends,

Run the following test program in both SAS vs. 8 and SAS vs. 9 if you can and have a look at the difference.

DATA _NULL_; MisMis = . EQ -.; * -. is not the missing value ._; MisMis0 = 0 * (. EQ -.); * and neither the Morse code for N; MisMis1 = 1 * (. EQ -.); * it is: minus the missing value .; PUT (_ALL_)(=); RUN;

SAS vs. 8 yields: MISMIS=1 MISMIS0=. MISMIS1=. while SAS vs. 9 yields: MISMIS=1 MISMIS0=0 MISMIS1=1

You could question the meaning of a negative missing value, but given the first value I think SAS vs. 9 is correct with the two other values and SAS vs. 8 is not.

Where I work now (on secondment) they changed from SAS 8 to SAS 9 today.

Regards - Jim. -- Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands Statistician, SAS consultant home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld