Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:42:49 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Huang, Ya" <Ya.Huang@AMYLIN.COM>
Subject:   Re: macro structure
Comments:   To: toby dunn <tobydunn@hotmail.com>

>If you are only going to call it once then perhaps you dont need too use macros at all or perhaps you dont need to have >the second macro A.

OK, now what about this? So I need to call %a inside %main multiple times in more than one looping.

I guess my question now is that for structure 2, if I only call %main once, does %a get compiled many times? Or just once like since it is before any of the looping?

Structure 2:

%macro main;

%macro a; ... %mend a;

%do i=1 %to &xx; %a %end;