Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:14:47 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Venky Chakravarthy <swovcc@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: why is this warning(error) ??????????

Toby,

It is listed below the GLOBAL statements. That is different from saying that it is a GLOBAL statement. The true GLOBALES are brought up by clicking that GLOBAL STATEMENTS link.

It doesn't make any sense that LABEL and FORMAT can be characterized as GLOBAL. They cannot independently exist like LIBNAME, FILENAME etc. They are DECLARATIVE statements inside a data step or a proc.

Venky