Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:12:01 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Sridhar, Kumar" <nsridhar@MEDAREX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Maximum length of a string

Thanks to Yu Zhang and John Gerlach for the immediate assistance.

Kumar

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Sridhar, Kumar Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:30 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Maximum length of a string

Hi all:

I have to character variables (each of length $200) that I concatenate. I would like the resulting variable to be of length $400 and show me the entire value

Of the variable. Unfortunately, right now it shows me the variable1. Any ideas how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

data test;

length x y $200. z $400.;

x='RETROPERITONEAL AND LEFT GREATER THAN RIGHT, PELVIC LYMPHADENOPATHY. MAJORITY OF NODES

ARE STABLE IN SIZE COMPARED TO PRIOR EXAMS, SLIGHT INCREASE IN SOME RETROPERITONEAL LYMPH NODES, PARTICULARLY IN';

y='THE PERIAORTIC AND LEFT PERIAORTIC REGION.';

run;

proc report data=test;

columns pid z;

define z /'test' display flow;