Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2006, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:47:19 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         dramage <dramage1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replacing a Missing Value
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Captain wrote: > I have a dataset where a variable s_id is the id for the site. I then > have a variable ab_id which is the individual id for a person at the > site. Sometimes the ab_id is empty. In this case I would like to pull > the first next ab_id for that specific s_id . > > For example the data file looks like this: > > s_id ab_id > 233 > 233 55 > 12 1 > 424 65 > 434 > 434 13032 > > I was thinking I could do some sort of if then statement where if ab_id > = . then pull next ab_id > for s_id ne . > > Thanks for the help