Date:         Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:34:02 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gene Maguin <emaguin@buffalo.edu>
Subject:      Re: Question on response rate determination simulation

Haijie,

It seems as if you are working on a power question that is embedded in another concern, a concern which I don't quite understand. It seems to me that you can get the sample size required for a t-test with a given effect size from any of the many power calculators on the web. So suppose you knew that a sample of 346 was required to given a power of xx for an effect size of yy, would that answer your questions?