Date:         Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:26:20 -0300
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Hector Maletta <hmaletta@fibertel.com.ar>
Subject:      Value labels not working

I've run into a rather strange problem with v. 13.0. When I issue a VALUE LABELS command with a rather long list of labels (about 100), it just doesn't work. It doesn't create the labels, it doesn't copy the command into the output window, it doesn't write it to the Journal. With a shorter list of labels it seems to work nicely. I increased workspace to its maximum, just in case, but to no avail. Next I'll try reinstalling SPSS to check for some corruption in the software files, and try other procedures to see whether the problem is more widespread or limited to VALUE LABELS only. In the meantime, any ideas?