Date:         Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:55:16 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Lou <charl_bean@YAHOO.CO.UK>
Subject:      Easy problem

Hi list,

I have an easy problem (I reckon). I need to generate a variable which basically repeats the numbers 1, 2, 3. In other words, I have a data file in which each individual has three records (cases) and I just need to mark up the different records as 1, 2, 3. Could someone tell me how to do this please?

Thanks,