Date:         Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:02:53 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Max Bell <m.bell@bellherrmann.nl>
Subject:      Splitting a macro variable

Dear listers,

In a macro I use variable !var. And actualy !var is a list of STRING-variables which is set in the macro call:

!test var = 'var1 var2 var3 var4' .

I do this because the number of variables differs often and until now it worked.

But now I need to compute something for each variable seperately like - compute var1='abc'. - compute var2='def'. - etc...

So in the macro I need to split !var back into the original variables var1, var2, etc. and then use these in compute-statements

Does anybody know how?

Thank you.