Date:         Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:43:44 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John <jacowan@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Complex samples - Subpopulation question

Hi all, I am new to SPSS complex samples and have a question regarding subpopulation analysis...

My dataset of interest is a subpopulation of a large administrative database. I have created dummy records that represent values from the "missing" stara and clusters when I queried my set of interest. I have an indicator variable (0=data of interest, 1= dummy records). I created a csplan file on this dataset. When I run a regression using subpopulation category = 0 the strata and cluster numbers printed are clearly only those from the subpopulation (i.e. the strata and cluster numbers are less than they should be). I am worried that the variances are not being calculated with the correct degrees of freedom...Is this an issue or does SPSS consider the entire design but only prints the values for the subpopulation?