Date:         Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:37:55 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Roberts, Michael" <robertsm@ahca.myflorida.com>
Subject:      Re: Macro question

Note: the 'n' is a specific file and not more than 1 file at a time.

TIA

Mike

-----Original Message----- From: Roberts, Michael Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:32 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Macro question

Hi list,

I do not have any macro experience and the spsstools macro tutorial leaves me cold! Would anyone be able to suggest a macro approach outline to the following:

1. Open n of N files 2. Select a subset based on a given criterion 3. Sort by some other criterion 4. Compute a new variable based on two existing vars 5. Aggregate into a new file

TIA