Date:         Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:57:03 +0300
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         alexwin@MAIL.UNIV.KIEV.UA
Subject:      Re: percentile scores
Comments: cc: humphreyyy1000@yahoo.com

Small corrections: to obtain percentile scores using formulas described in psychometric literatuire (see, for instance, Crocker, L., & Algina, J. (1991). Introduction to classical and modern test theory. Orlando, FL: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich.), I would use slightly different options:

1) Under the Transform menu, choose Rank Cases&#8230; 2) Choose the variable containing the raw test scores 3) Click on the Ties&#8230; box and choose MEAN as the Rank Assigned to Ties 4) Click on the Rank Cases: Types&#8230; box and Check Fractional rank as % 5) Check Rankit under Proportion Estimation Formula 6) Uncheck Rank (Unless you want cumulative frequencies) 7) Click on OK

Dr. Alexander Vinogradov, Associate Professor Sociology and Psychology Faculty National Taras Shevchenko University Ukraine