Date:         Tue, 4 Jul 2006 11:49:08 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Rolf Pfister <r.pfister@spss.ch>
Subject:      AW:      Python not running?

Heiko,

Can you use SPSS without Python? The error says that SPSS is not licensed! If you don't have a valid license, use the license authorization wizard to get a valid license.

If it's not a license problem, check the requirements of the installation guide "Python plugin for SPSS 14.0.1 - Windows", valid for SPSS 14.0.1 and 14.0.2. You can find it at the Developer Central of the SPSS Website:

http://www.spss.com/devcentral/index.cfm?pg=articleDet&artId=8

Just follow the guide step by step and you will succeed!

Good luck!

Regards Rolf

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] Im Auftrag von Heiko Klemm Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. Juli 2006 09:43 An: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Betreff: Python not running?

Dear Lister's

I have trouble using Python to control the Spss processor.

Does anybody have a clue what went wrong? I installed

- Spss 14.0.2 (german version)

- ActivePython 2.4

- Spssaux

- Spssaux2

- Spssdata

- Last three under: C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages

This is the error message I got:

>>Traceback (most recent call last):

>> File "<interactive input>", line 1, in ?

>> File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\spss\spss.py", line 518, in GetVariableCount

>> StartSPSS()

>> File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\spss\spss.py", line 154, in StartSPSS

>> raise SpssError,error

>>SpssError: [errLevel 19] SPSS is not licensed (failed to get license for SPSS Base).

Thanx for your ideas...

Heiko Klemm