Date:         Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:06:52 -0300
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Della Mora, Marcelo" <marcelo.dellamora@citigroup.com>
Subject:      Likert scale
Comments: cc: Dominic Fernandes <dominic@spssme.com>

Hi Dominic

Try reliability analysis that tests internal consistency and relationship of each items to total score: correlation item-total, co-variance...

hope this helps you

Marcelo Della Mora

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Dominic Fernandes Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 5:45 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Likert scale

Hi All,

I have a question. How do we analyze a Likert scale (consisting of 7 responses) course evaluation questionnaire given to 25 teachers who attended an in-service course? Shall we treat the responses as scale variables and use parametric tests or shall we treat the responses as ordinal variables and use the nonparametric test.