Date:         Tue, 4 Jul 2006 08:52:14 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Peck, Jon" <peck@spss.com>
Subject:      Re: Python still not running
Comments: To: Heiko.Klemm@dpwnbc.net

There is no need to do anything extra to tell Python where to find SPSS on a German system. If you look in your python24/lib/site-packages/spss directory (assuming Python is in its standard place), you will see a file called spssxdcfg.ini. In that file you will see the location of your SPSS installation.

-Jon Peck

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion on behalf of Heiko Klemm Sent: Tue 7/4/2006 8:51 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: [SPSSX-L] Python still not running Dear Lister's

Since I did everything, I was supposed to, I had another idea:

Maybe Python can't find the License because I'm on a German system? Do I have to tell Python that my 'Program files' directory is called 'Programme' in the German version of WindowsXP? And if so, how do I tell python to look there?

Thanx,

Heiko Klemm

MRSC

Deutsche Post World Net