Date:         Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:19:41 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         krisscot <krisscot@cox.net>
Subject:      GLM Procedure

Hi all:

I have question (a couple maybe) about the Univariate GLM procedure. I have run a simply two-way ANOVA, but the cell sizes are unequal (i.e., I have an unbalanced design). When I run the basic procedure (and ask for descriptive statistics) I get weighted an unweighted marginal means. This means are fairly different. My first question is, to which of these means do the statistical tests for the main effects in the ANOVA Summary table correspond to: weighted or unweighted. My second question is: how do I get an ANOVA summary table for the "other" set of means given that the default is either weighted or unweighted? And third, what role does the Type of Sums of Squares within SPSS play? I have always used Type III. Thank you in advance.