Date:         Sun, 16 Jul 2006 13:42:57 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Martin Sherman <MSherman@loyola.edu>
Subject:      Re: Levene-Test for related samples?
Comments: To: Michael Schuler <Amanatius@web.de>

From David Howell's Stat Text.

t = [(F-1)*Sqrt(n-2)]/[(2*Sqrt(F(1-r squared)))].

HTH,

df for this t is n-2. F = largest variance divided by the smallest variance r = correlation between the matched or pair scors. Check t for sign. If it is not significant than you can safely conclude that you have met the equal variances assumption for the dependent t -test.

>>> Michael Schuler <Amanatius@web.de> 07/16/06 8:48 AM >>> Dear List,

I want to compare the variances of two related samples, but i don't know the statistical test to do this job. In other Words, I'm looking for a Levene-Test for dependent samples. Could someone tell me the solution? I couldn't find an answer in my statistic books.

Thanks all,

Michael

______________________________________________________________ Verschicken Sie romantische, coole und witzige Bilder per SMS!