Date:         Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:34:56 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Oliver, Richard" <roliver@SPSS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Problem saving to Excel via syntax vs. GUI
Comments: To: Alex Rasker <aprasker@hotmail.com>

Are you pasting the syntax from the GUI or writing it yourself? If the latter, try pasting it from the GUI instead.

From: SPSSX(r) Discussion on behalf of Alex Rasker Sent: Sun 7/16/2006 4:52 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Problem saving to Excel via syntax vs. GUI

Dear List, SPSS,

I have recently encountered a strange problem working with SPSS. When I use the GUI and save my data as a '>97' excel-file I have no problem using that file as input for a subsequent mailmerge with Outlook. When I use the standard SAVE TRANSLATE command with the nescessary subcommands to save my data as a '>97' excel-file, the file seems somehow corrupt. I can open it in Excel just fine but I can not use it in a mailmerge. Is this a common/well known problem (for older versions) of SPSS?

Thanks,