Date:         Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:06:40 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Wright <coxspss@cox.net>
Subject:      rolling 5 yr average

Listed below is an excerpt from a database reporting degree completion in years for each academic program.

year prog time 1998 mc1 2 1998 mc2 2.5 1998 mc3 1 . . . 2001 mc1 1.8 2001 mc2 2 2001 mc3 3

I want to generate a report that displays rolling 3 year averages:

1993-95 1994-96 1995-97 time 2.3 1.8 3

The goal is to keep it simple (ala running a means by 3yravg to generate a display of 3 year averages).

I could do separate temporary select ifs for 3 year segments, but then I can only output to a report a single year set per display.

Or perhaps I could aggregate by 3 year sets & then combine each as a separate 3 yr group.

Any ideas would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.