Date:         Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:38:08 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Beadle, ViAnn" <viann@spss.com>
Subject:      Re: Help Correlation coeficient
Comments: To: Nana Nadine <ngbnana@yahoo.com>

I'm not Keith, but try this CORRELATIONS /VARIABLES=vara to varm WITH varx ... You'll get one column (varx) with rows for each variable and all the stats.

From: SPSSX(r) Discussion on behalf of Nana Nadine Sent: Wed 7/19/2006 7:24 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Help Correlation coeficient

Hi keith I have a file that have the following variables. vara, varb.............varm and varx. I would like to calculate the correlation coefficeient between each var1 to varm and varx. I do not want to do it step by step or calculate the correlation betwen the vaviables in the first group. Below is the syntax I'm using.

CORRELATIONS /VARIABLES=varx varb /VARIABLES=varx varc /VARIABLES=varx vard /VARIABLES=varx vard /VARIABLES=varx vare /VARIABLES=varx varf /VARIABLES=varx varg /VARIABLES=varx varh /VARIABLES=varx vari /VARIABLES=varx varj /VARIABLES=varx vark /VARIABLES=varx varl /VARIABLES=varx varm /PRINT=TWOTAIL NOSIG /MISSING=PAIRWISE .

How can I change this syntax so that I will have only one or two colums in the result thable? Thanks

Nadine Nana, MS Research Data Manager Atlanta GA 404 805 6209