Date:         Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:43:28 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Lyndon Riviere <theoriv@gmail.com>
Subject:      Filter cases but keep SYSMIS cases

Hello all:

I am trying to filter some cases out of a sample. I am using a filter variable that has 6 categories (1-6) and I want to keep all the cases with codes 1-5 and the SYSMIS cases, but delete the cases with a code of 6. When I use this syntax, SELECT IF(var<6), I lose all the SYSMIS cases. Is there a way that I can keep the SYSMIS cases?

Thanks,