Date:         Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:02:50 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Edward Boadi <eboadi@abhct.com>
Subject:      10 most frequent occurring values of a multiple response  set

Dear List, I have a data file with variables : X , y1 , y2 , z1, z2 and z3

I wont to a accomplish the following task : 1. create a multiple response set z from z1,z2 and z3 . 2. Rank z and select cases for rank z <= 10 3. select cases from my original data file where z = z1, z2 or z3

My objective is to create a new dataset restricted to 10 most frequent occurring values of a multiple response set created from z1 , z2 and z3

Any ideas on how to accomplish this will be most welcome.