Date:         Wed, 5 Jul 2006 07:54:09 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ebby Madera <Ebby.Madera@EQAO.com>
Subject:      Scoring multiple choice items

Dear list members, I have a huge (250 items) data set from multiple choice items. The key to these items are stored in another file indicating the item name and key. Part of the data are as follows:

Casenumb M3MX01MC03 M3MX01MC07 M3MX01MC21 M3MX01MC28 1 1 2 2 4 2 1 4 1 2 3 3 2 3 3 4 2 4 3 2 5 2 4 3 1

Key Itemname Key M3MX01MC03 1 M3MX01MC07 4 M3MX01MC21 3 M3MX01MC28 2

Is there a way I can use so as to score these items efficiently and achieve a 0 for incorrect and 1 for correct matrix? Thanks Ebby

Ebby Madera, Ph.D., (Psychometrics) Data Management and Analysis Education Quality and Accountability Office 2 Carlton Street, Suite 1200 Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2M9 Phone: 416-314-7965 Email: Ebby.Madera@EQAO.com