Date:         Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:05:00 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jim Moffitt <james.moffitt@thomson.com>
Subject:      Re: Compound IF syntax
Comments: To: jmcconnell@Applied-insights.co.uk

John: Your code seems to work just fine. Thanks so much for your help.

-----Original Message----- From: John McConnell [mailto:jmcconnell@Applied-insights.co.uk] Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2006 12:09 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Moffitt, James (West) Subject: Re: Compound IF syntax

Jim,

I can't test this at the moment but it sounds like a job for COUNT. Something like

COUNT N1S=Q1 to Q26 (1). COUNT N0S=Q1 to Q26 (0). IF N1S EQ 0 AND N0S GE 1 SAM=0.

hth

John

John McConnell Applied Insights

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Jim Moffitt <james.moffitt@thomson.com> Reply-To: james.moffitt@thomson.com Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:39:00 -0500