Date:         Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:53:14 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Milan Krizalkovic <krizalkovic@opw.cz>
Subject:      Python integration HALF-WORKING

Hi All,

I'm just new roundabout here, so I don't know if this is relevant issue, but I guess many of you experienced it as well in the begining so maybe somebody would be able to help python begginner.

As I mentioned I'm starting using SPSS prog. ext. with Python but it works only one way. I'm able to run python from begin program/ end program blocks correctly. However I'd like to use python script completely taking care about SPSS. So in Python I wrote :

import spss spss.StartSPSS()

OR

import spss spss.Submit(" some syntax.")

However I'm always getting error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "<interactive input>", line 1, in ? File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\spss\spss.py", line 154, in StartSPSS raise SpssError,error SpssError: [errLevel 1011] Cannot load SPSS XD API.

Would be anybody so kind and advice on this????

Thanks a lot in advance,