Date:         Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:35:08 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Pieter van Groenestijn <P.vanGroenestijn@MAW.RU.NL>
Subject:      Missing Value Analysis and insufficient memory

Dear List,

I want to run a missing value analysis, but SPSS doesn't execute because of insufficient memory. I tried in SPSS version 12, 13 and 14.

Therefore I set the workspace on the maximum of 2097151.

My datafile consists of 16 variables and 428 records, and I used the following syntax:

set workspace=2097151. MVA om1 of1 moni mon qual qualof freqom freqof1 smokp smok1 smok2 smok3 ob1 ob2 ob3 /ID = idnr /EM ( TOLERANCE=0.001 CONVERGENCE=0.0001 ITERATIONS=100 OUTFILE='c:\proef.sav' ) .

Any help is highly appreciated!!

Pieter van Groenestijn University of Nijmegen