Date:         Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:51:16 +0530
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Manmit Shrimali <MShrimali@marketrx.com>
Subject:      Variable length to maximum

This is rather very simple question. However, after lot of research I still could not find the answer. Can please anyone provide me syntax for setting the variable length to maximum i.e numeric to 40 and string to 255.

Right now I have to manually go in width column of variable view and set it to maximum. I have to set it to maximum as when I have wave 2 data to merge, the length should be the same.

Thanks in advance.